Monday, September 14, 2009
These Flu Protection Precautions Will Work
Some of my readers have expressed fear of those specialized flu shots for the so-called Swine Flu that has been since renamed the H1N1 Influenza. I won’t be one of the first people in line for the needles but if others tolerate the immunizations I will line up and get whatever my physician recommends.
Until this deadly strain passes we all need to take simple precautions. The ten lifesaving tips below may protect and your families during your entire lifetimes.
1. Open doors without using your hands. Use elbows, feet or objects. Avoid handles and handrails everywhere.
2. Avoid public transportation and those hand railings. If you must, use disposable gloves. There is an art to taking the gloves off without contaminating your clean hands.
3. Stay away from travelers.
4. Wash your produce very carefully.
5. If you drive rental cars use antibacterial wipes to decontaminate the steering wheel, all those handles.
6. Wash your hands carefully and use clean paper or cloth towels skipping those hot air dryers.
7. Patrol your own homes and offices with spray disinfectants such as Lysol concentrating on door and faucet handles, telephones and computer keyboards everywhere.
8. Keep your hands away from your mouth, nose and eyes.
9. Women should do their own manicures at home.
10. Most importantly avoid gatherings of Liberals and Democrats.