Here’s the way they should work:
1. Pick a foreman who stayed awake throughout the five-month trial.
2. Start with the physical and forensic evidence asking a simple question. Is it possible to shoot someone inside the mouth and not get significant spray of blood, tissue and gunshot residue on your jacket or shirtsleeves just inches away? If the answer is no the jury is finished and should sign and turn in the Not Guilty verdict form.
3. If the jury thinks Phil Spector is a world-class magician and figured out a way to make the bloody mess go away, then it’s time to guess motives of Spector to murder a total stranger and the motives for Clarkson to kill herself. In that mix there is room to examine the possibility of playacting with a gun. Did she know it was loaded?
4. If your still not satisfied that the government was able to prove its case it’s time to deal with Spector’s old girlfriends from decades past. The absence of injuries or police reports and their continued contact is a bit strange after their bedmate assaults them with a gun. Did the chance for fame and fortune bring these ladies out from under their rocks?
5. As for the Limo drive it’s really simple. Did he really understand or even hear Phil Spector’s mumbling?
6. If the jury has not figured it out by now its time to simply send a note into the judge telling him they are just not smart enough to decide this case.
The jury should have finished with just step one and two. If the hate campaign against Phil Spector has influenced the jury, look for them to be out more than two days.